Comprehensive health insurance is one such health insurance plan that covers all types of medical needs of the policy holder and his/her family. Unlike the basic health insurance plans, the comprehensive plans cover both inpatient and outpatient treatments, which include medical consultations, scans, and tests and in some cases even hospital stays.
Besides, this type of health insurance plan also offers limited coverage for acupuncture, physiotherapy, osteopathy and homeopathy. Some of the plans also include usage of private ambulances, home nursing and oral surgery. In some cases, one can also add routine optical and dental coverage to this plan for an extra cost.
Generally, the comprehensive health insurance plan comes with a few things, which are always covered. These mainly include: entitled outpatient, inpatient and healthcare services associated to these. Apart from that, there are some options, which can be added to most of these plans like selection of a premier hospital or overseas coverage.
Now let’s have a look at the comprehensive health insurance benefits:
- The main benefit of this type of health insurance is the outpatient coverage. This is mainly offered when a hospital stay is not needed.
- Scans like CT, MRI and PET scans would be fully covered or be paid for by most of the comprehensive medical insurance policies.
- Consultations with the specialists are completely covered with the number of consultations or with no limit.
- Any other types of diagnostic tests are also completely covered by the comprehensive plans.
- There are also a number of comprehensive plans, which offer complete coverage for physiotherapy, but majority of the plans limit these sessions up to a limit.
- Full coverage is also offered for different types of cancer treatments like radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Homeopathy, acupuncture and osteopathy are counted on as alternative medicines. Some of the comprehensive plans offer total coverage for these, but most of these plans have some limits per policy year.
- The majority of the comprehensive policies also cover dental treatments, home nursing and oral surgery.
Want to get some information about the group health insurance plan, then consider paying a visit to prohealthinsurancequote.com.